I originally started writing this to post at the start of Lockdown in South Africa but got caught up in Life as the Health Shop I work at is an essential service so we are staying open and… quite frankly, it was a bit stressful to start off with as it seemed like you were travelling to work through the deserted streets of an Apocalypse…so I never quite got there… But now we have 14 more days… So I decided to stick with the original title as that is where it all began…
So all South Africans are holed up at home during an unprecedented National Lockdown… What to do…what to do?
Well quite honestly, I was actually quite glad for the extra time as we’ve just moved into a new house and I haven’t had much time to unpack and properly settle in as this last period has been quite busy for me. I also planned to catch up on writing and planning what I would like to accomplish this year.
I feel that it is important to utilise this time of turmoil & seclusion to get back in touch with ourselves and to go within to find peace and harmony.
I’ve collected some really great resources during the last year or two and would like to share them here. I hope you will find them as useful and inspiring as I did.
Use this time to invest in learning new things and commit to improve yourself.
- Meditations – Hay House Radio
- Learn One Thing a Day
- Write a Journal – Robin Sharma’s Mastery Session on Journalling
Stay flexible during this time by stretching, and fit by doing at least a Plank a Day.
Declutter your Space:
Declutter your Devices:
Draw something every day, or if you like photography, post a photo a day on social media.
Utilise the wisdom of Stephen Covey’s 7 Habits of Highly Successful People (even if you haven’t read it)
If you’re alone:
- Use Social Media to stay in touch with friends and loved ones or expand your network and make new friends. Check in with your friends, colleagues and clients/customers.
If you’re with family:
- Play Board Games/Build Puzzles
- Teach your Kids new things… Find ways to pass on your Wisdom & Experience
If you’re not already doing it, start a Blog… If you are already blogging, use this time to get ahead with your editorial calendar.
- Personal Blog: Keep an online Journal of interesting things you’ve come across or Hobby: Share your experience
- Expertise: Share your business skills/experience in learning a new skill
- Need to monetise your blog? Explore Pat Flynn‘s vast library of methods & interviews with amazing people who’ve done extraordinary things in the field of Passive Income.
Teach what you know
- Set up an online course/programme. Free and/or paid. You can use Facebook to set up a Page and use a private group to teach in and create a Tribe around your niche. Create a short free Challenge to market it and build a database of interested individuals to pitch future endeavours to.
Here’s a couple of really interesting blogs to find a wealth of information for decluttered living, writing and online marketing: